Happy New Year folks! Last year wasn’t a very easy year for many, including myself. Many of us set goals as the year unfolded and for some reason, either achieved very little or nothing at all!
2015 is already here and like the norm is, you are ready with a list of things you want to get done this year. Of course anything is possible with hard work. But one little fact we always forget is if we keep doing the same thing over and over again, we keep getting the same results – which implies that if you don’t plan better this time, you might end up going through the same cycle again.
In this article, I have put together 10 quotes that if reflected upon everyday should give you the courage, confidence and above all determination to reach the goals you set out to achieve this year.
1. “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
2. “The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer.” – Nolan Bushnell, Entrepreneur
3. “Every time you state what you want or believe, you’re the first to hear it. It’s a message to both you and others about what you think is possible. Don’t put a ceiling on yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey
4. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell
5. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
6. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
7. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
8. “A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results.” – Wade Boggs
9. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
10. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”- Steve Jobs
Writer, Entrepreneur, Website Developer and Fitness Enthusiast.
Latest posts by Gerard Mugema (see all)